Notes on TRON: Legacy
- It doesn't suck. It's not an all-time classic, but it's shiny and decently enjoyable. It's always a relief to get a sequel that is not facepalmingly poor.
- Lots of references to the first film, some rather subtle (such as the hoarding above Flynn's arcade). I'm sure I missed some, not having seen the original for years.
- Some of the references are purely for computer geeks ("Backus" and "Cray" as programs on the Game Grid?).
- CLU is The Stig.
- When the DVD comes out, I'm going to have to keep pausing it so I can read the computer screens.
- It kind of ends before the plot starts.
- They totally got the whole "beardy hippie free-software programmer as an action hero" idea from Richard Stallman's appearance in XKCD.
- Did I mention the shiny?